- The MKS unit is equipped with a 3-prong ground plug and must be connected to an appropriate receptacle (120v/60Hz) that is properly installed and grounded in order to reduce the risk of electrical shock.Locate the MKS near a 3-prong ground receptacle power source.
- If an extension cord must be used to supply the power to the unit:
1) Use only 3-conductor extension cords that have 3-prong ground plugs on both ends.
2) Use only extension cords containing a surface mark rating of SJW-A,SJEW-A or SJTW-A and having a tag stating, “Suitable for use with outdoor appliances.”
3) The extension cord must be kept dry and off the ground.
4) Never connect a damaged extension cord to the MKS unit.
- If used, the electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the electrical rating of the MKS. (684 watts/5.7 Amps.)
- To reduce the risk of electrocution, do not place the MKS next to or within 20-feet of a swimming pool where it could possibly tip over if mounted on the portable stand.
- Do not place the MKS over standing water, due to the risk of electrocution.
- A licensed electrician for permanent placement of the unit should install any electrical supply.
- Consult a qualified electrician or serviceman if any doubt exists concerning your grounded power source.
- Do not abuse the power cord.Never carry the MKS unit by the cord, or jerk the cord to disconnect from the power receptacle.
- Keep the cord away from heat, oil and sharp edged objects.
- Never insert foreign objects into the MKS unit.
- Do not clean the unit with liquid cleaners. Never spray water into the MKS.
- An authorized ARCTIC representative should perform all servicing.
- Do not operate the MKS when the MKS has a restricted airflow. (i.e. sitting on a table or on the ground directly)
- The MKS is safe around children and pets. A manual reset default breaker is located at the back, under the top of the unit. Depress the button until it engages and the unit will be reset.
- The Arctic Mosquito Killing System™ capture net is mainly used for Mosquito Control Monitoring Programs.
- The Arctic Mosquito Killing System™ capture net should be used by a trained service representative, to determine an optimum location for the Arctic Mosquito Killing System unit and monitoring for the mosquito population.
- The Arctic Mosquito Killing System™ capture net is included with all units to confirm a mosquito kill. The capture net will also assist in determining the direction of infestation.